EternalGrinds Application

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EternalGrinds Application

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi,

I'm John, and I am basically from England, but at the moment I reside in Sweden. Though my mother still lives in England, so I kind of commute between those countries ocassionally.
I recently celebrated my 16th birthday here in Sweden where I am right now. If you've got any wonderings about me, questions are always welcome!

Anyway.
I would like to join the guild HellBound. The things that might impede me to join is my level - which currently is 108 - and my job as a cygnus knight, (Windbreaker). I mean, some guilds don't allow classes of that kind you know (especially not more well known guilds like the topical one). So the question is if that rule is 'written in stone' and unchangeable? If so, I might as well join the jr guild if that works better for your liking. But of course, I'd primarily like to join the main guild.

I've read the requirements, and more or less I've got them (expect my level and job). Of course I have also read the forum- and guild rules. I think I've got pretty big experience in maple since I have played this game in about three and a half year. Though, I haven't constantly been playing since then. Some shorter rests have been taken occassionally. Actually I recently started maple again after a break in one half year. As I mentioned am I currently level 108 - but hopefully will I reach 120 within a mounth or so. To be honest; I'm not that much of a leveling addict, but definitely not inactive and such. Also I've had lots of other characters and accounts, mainly in gMS. For example a level 135 arch mage, which unfortunately got hacked. As well as a level 113 WK.

I don't really expect an acceptation, I just thought it was worth a try.

IGN: EternalGrind

Back to top Go down

Re: EternalGrinds Application

Post  BanditsStory on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorry but it's a no from me. You played for such a long time and you only managed to get a KoC to level 108. You will be pretty useless in boss runs and such.

It doesn't look like you have a really deep potential with your current application. So I would recommend to add stuff to it.

Doesn't meet level requirement, KoC, almost doesn't grind, weak application.. Sorry but it's a no for now.

Gold

HB Member Veteran
Guild : HellBound

Back to top Go down

Post  Vronk on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Well for some reason I think it is nice to see an application that isnt based on high lvls and fast leveling speed, because then I can asume that you gonna talk about other things than bossruns and pro equip, but what do I know.

Well.. anyway. I like your app but I know Hellbound is quite hard on their lvl-limit and they dont really like Cygnus Knights in the main guild.

My vote is Yes, but its really not up to me to deside.

// Vronk

http://www.maplestory-euphoria.com
Vronk
Amethyst
Amethyst

Blue Flame Euphoria Master
Guild : Euphoria

http://www.maplestory-euphoria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 pm

BanditsStory wrote:Sorry but it's a no from me. You played for such a long time and you only managed to get a KoC to level 108. You will be pretty useless in boss runs and such.

It doesn't look like you have a really deep potential with your current application. So I would recommend to add stuff to it.

Doesn't meet level requirement, KoC, almost doesn't grind, weak application.. Sorry but it's a no for now.
Ah, I thought so. And I understand your reasoning. But you say I've only managed a level 108 cygnus knight during the years I've played? That makes me believe you didn't read the whole post. I also mentioned that I've had a level 135 arch mage and a 113 WK, and they were only examples.

Back to top Go down

Post  ProSheep on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:06 pm

I vote yes as KoCs soon become useful again because of the 24 BoS and possible transformation into a UA, Also you don't hack and are on rankings which speaks more volumes than level as levels mean shít right now.
ProSheep
Graveyard Bash
Graveyard Bash

Back to top Go down

Post  protosser on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Yes however only if you are prepared to make an adventurer/resistance/aran/evan/db once you've maxed out KoC which isn't that demanding considering BB is just around the corner

Sonic The Hedgehog

HB Member Veteran
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:33 pm

This application seems to be enough to satisfy me, but I got to ask;
When you reach lvl 120 on your Windbreaker, what will you do then?

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:52 pm

I actually like the application, its very honest and to the point.
I feel like it tells me a lot about you.

And its good to accept members who arent just level crazy.

They are right, we usually dont accept cygnus knights but we do occasionaly make exceptions. Do you have any plans once you reach level 120?

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditsStory on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:04 pm

WailingJohn wrote:
BanditsStory wrote:Sorry but it's a no from me. You played for such a long time and you only managed to get a KoC to level 108. You will be pretty useless in boss runs and such.

Ah, I thought so. And I understand your reasoning. But you say I've only managed a level 108 cygnus knight during the years I've played? That makes me believe you didn't read the whole post. I also mentioned that I've had a level 135 arch mage and a 113 WK, and they were only examples.

Sorry, I forgot about your GMS chars.

I sure believe you are a nice person, I'd like you to show it via your post though. Edit some Real Life stuffs in it and also your plans after your KoC is level 120.

You can chill a bit in our union fm (eu3 fm6) if you want, and make some friends maybe Very Happy

Gold

HB Member Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Thank you for the votes I've got so far! appreciated.

I saw many people were asking for what I will do when level 120 is reached on the windbreaker. Actually I haven't thought that far yet, but it is leaning to makeing a new character. And if I know myslef right, it will be as I'm thinking. Though, I have still no idea of what class that one will be, the only thing that is decided is that it'll be an adventurer. Fortunately I've got time to figure out an adv. class that fits me well.

Also I saw that someone wanted to know more about me in real life. Well, it's kinda hard to just babble up stuffs. I'd rather ask what you guys more want to know about me? Otherwise there's a risk that I only mention uninteresting things, and everyone defines "uninteresting things" different, see what I mean? Wink

While waiting for questions, I could start telling some stuffs that I define as important and interesting. Such as I exercise sports like tennis and football, there are also a few sports that I don't play continuously like table tennis and hockey, mostly for fun.
And more about me as person... Hmm, well I could mention where I reside myself. Both in England (at my mother) and in Sweden where the rest of my relatives and acquaintances live. I usually stay at my mother two weeks at a time, in Birmingham. And, when I'm in Sweden I live together with my father and my brother, in a small and verging on non-existing village named Tulka, which is situated in the east part of the country. Personally I call the place "in the middle of nowhere" actually it matches pretty good. One more thing that I do alot on my spare time is listening to music, mostly celtic punk, but also skatepunk and related ones. Bands that's on my playlist for the moment is Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, No Fun At All, and Ten Foot Pole. Yeah well. I know, the music isn't what teenagers use to listen too I guess.

Questions? Always welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post  Raskler/xMrSean on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:08 pm

I vote no, You are a KoC and dont meet level requirements.

But knowing this guild lately you will get in anyways. Requirements dont seem to matter anymore around here anymore....

Raskler/xMrSean
Evan
Evan

Blue Flame Veteran Master
HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : ....yup, still can't remember.....

Back to top Go down

Post  FlanxLycanth on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Well tbh if u got to the lvl req. u'd be max lvl as a Cygnus Knight...
where do you go from there? Razz

thats my only worry hehe

P0W3RL10N

HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : 32 days after it was made

Back to top Go down

Post  BlazeHermit on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 pm

i agree with Sean partially but i think we can give you an extended trial because once BB is here, you can reach 120 on your KoC in no time, the you get a great atk bonus for your next job (maybe a BM, for ease of lvling and funding because you already have most the eqs)

and i like that you play tennis Smile im getting back into it after a year break xD tennis elbow hurts but its fun xD

BlazeHermit
DMG ho
DMG ho

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : September 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm

irresolute/flour wrote:I vote no, You are a KoC and dont meet level requirements.

But knowing this guild lately you will get in anyways. Requirements dont seem to matter anymore around here anymore....

True, ill get stricter with the applications.
But when I see an application like this I want to say yes, the guy clearly isnt a damage whore and I think he would fit in to the guild very well.

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

I see you took my word about making an application. Very Happy

I like your application and I kinda think you will fit in this union well.

You got my vote man ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:19 pm

yes from me! seems like a nice guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  play on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:32 pm

You seem like a nice lad to me.I'll say yes. Smile18

Goodluck on your votes. Smile

Topaz

HB Member Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 am

Well written application and all, but the KoC job puts me off. After finishing your Windbreaker, can we expect an adventurer? and are you researching what jobs would suit you best or are you just going to jump in feet first. However I think you seem like an interesting person who i'd like to get to know more, its a maybe from me at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 am

love your honesty man ... KoC aren't favoured in this guild but along as you can make a char that is useful to boss with .. shouldn't be a problem ... i get what Sean says so i can only think of you being in hellbound jr for now .. u could possibly make a new char or a UA wen that comes along ... and possibly join the main one =)

Back to top Go down

Post  BlazeHermit on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:50 am

now we are getting into the same fault everyone made last time. people have to understand that not everyone is going to make a job which will help benefit you, some people play this game for self enjoyment. i think people should focus on the personality of the applicant more rather than the "how can it help me" factor. there has already been a topic written about this and after most people realised what they were doing, you have just gone back to the same old ways.

BlazeHermit
DMG ho
DMG ho

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : September 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am

Hi EternalGrind, if you remember me, we meet when symfo called me to newts in pmd Very Happy
And I also have you on my bl list. iNature

Back to top Go down

Post  BattleHawk on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 am

Hey EternalGrind Very Happy. I'll vote yes because hes a nice guy and hes really good to talk to I have him on my buddy list.
BattleHawk
Steel
Steel

HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : Hellbound

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:43 pm

To the guys who recognize me and still have me on their buddy list, I wanna say sorry. Because, when I first came back I saw the return just as a sample and actually I didn't think I would stay that long. Also I was really inactive and antisocial during the first time, mainly because I didn't feel familiar to maple anymore. After awhile I eventually decided to continue playing the game again. Subsequently I felt for making new contacts - since I more or less had lost the friends I once had - so I simply erased all buddies as well as the guild and restarted a social maple life.

I'm sorry to the guys who still remember me as their friend. And if you wanna re-add me you're always welcome! Indeed I still remember some of you guys, but honestly I'm afraid I've forgot most of you since I've got new friends etc.

I don't want you to feel disappointed and compensated by others. Just re-add me if you want! If you remind me about who you are I might recognize you. Smile

Sorry! Sad

/A repentant John

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 pm

He seems to fit well in the union, I say Trail.
And the fact with his lvl.. Worth a try?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:08 pm

What more to say...? Just waiting for a conclusion - an acceptation or a rejection.

By the way; got to thank for the votes! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top