[Application] Caesar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Application] Caesar

Post  Cesar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 am

Greetings all,

Since this is one of those application things, let me tell you guys a bit about myself:
I'm Cesar, a 22 year old Dutchman who's studying Applied Mathematics. As a part time job I teach mathematics to kids who have fallen behind on that subject in school (but since it is summer, I'm pretty much out of a job now D:). In my free time I like to hang out with friends and to satisfy my inner nerd, I play Magic: the Gathering regulary (for those who are unfamiliar with this game, it's basically a fantasy based card game). Personality wise; I am somewhat on the introverted side, but I'd like to believe I'm pretty easy to get along with.

Now for the actual interesting (opinions!) part, my MapleStory history!
If first learned of Maplestory back in the early 2004 through some friends in high school. I downloaded it and I instantly was hooked on the retro 2D graphics and feel of the game. This version I started playing, was the beta of GlobalMS. I'll be short about this: It was extremely fun to play, but also extremely hard to level. We only had the pre-BB version of Victoria Island and no 3rd jobs. Getting to 50 was harder than getting to 150 is now. I never got past... I think level 35 as a wee I/L mage. This only lasted for a few months, because after that, GlobalMS was released.
I've played GlobalMS for so long and with so many intervals I can't even remember all of it. I've never gotten really high because I either quit my character out of disinterest, plus I tend to slack around alot, well I used to anyways. My first character was a Bandit, which I got to 53.
Let me tell you, an unfunded Bandit back in the day wasn't a great idea. You had the closest range of any class but not the strongest armor. I barely broke even on pots so I decided to make an Assassin instead. After getting that to 51, with 90 base DEX no less, I came to realise that to have some actual shot at playing a decent Thief pre-BB required some sort of funding. So I started looking at classes that didn't require as much and I landed on the Archer class.
I think this is also around the time I joined my first, and last serious guild on GlobalMS: Knights of Maple. More about this later.
Back to the Archer: I smacked myself for not making one earlier as they were cheap around that time and a challenge to play, too. This is the first character I hit 3rd job on and had a great time doing so.
But alas, great times do not last as long as people would like. Around 80ish, something happened in my life that made me lose all motivation to continue playing on that character. As some sort of bittersweet aftertaste, this was around the time 4th job was being tested in Korea and the first Hurricane videos were leaked, right after I bought a VERY decent bow for that time. I sold it for about ten times for what I originally bought it. Now I had a decent amount of funding, but I decided I still liked the Archer class, so I made a Crossbowman.

Let's make a little sidestep to talk about the guild which I've been in for literally years: Knights of Maple.
It was sort of the first "serious" guild that didn't put level restrictions on letting people join, so it was a pretty mellow and relaxed atmosphere. Through this guild I made roughly 80%-90% of my MS friends. We had weekly meetups in game and since we had alot of loyal and active members, we became one of the biggest and most well-known known guilds within the server.
Fast forward again. The law of "great-times-do-not-last-long-and-certainly-not-forever" came poking it's head around the corner, with the effect of permanent damage to this guild. Though this guild was alot of fun, it was also VERY prone to drama. Nothing that could deals serious damage, but still. Then a certain infamous guild reared it's head and tormented our server by holding bosses (often through illegit means even), starting massive KS wars daily and all Nexon did was stand by and watch. This caused a core group of the guild to actually transfer to another server and alot of people quit due to life/disinterest, including me. Coming back after 9 months-1 year, the guild was a shadow of it's former self, but since it did so many things for me I decided to stick around.

Post-BB, I noticed a new class coming out, the Mechanic, being able to drive a tank in 4th job... Holy shit a TANK I thought, which gave me enough motivation to get to 120! (Leveling being so easy nowadays helped alot too.) And so I did, my first 120+ character was a Mechanic. Then Nexon spoiled me even more by releasing my now favorite class ever, the Mercedes. I got that one to 135, then life happened and I quit for months. When I came back I found out that I got hacked, plus GlobalMS was heading into a direction I didn't like (I should actually call it USMS now, it's that bad) so I decided to say goodbye to GlobalMS for good.

My EMS history isn't as rich as above, but it's important for this application so here we go:
One of my many trips outside GlobalMS included the beta of EMS. I actually raced people for top ranking in the Crossbowman section. And after 4 days I was ranked 3rd in the crossbowlist I believe. Since it was the beta I decided it wasn't worth the effort, so I quit.
Then the official version of EMS came out and tried again. At this time I was having so much fun in GlobalMS that a repeat of the beta happened, now with a different reason for quitting.

Fast forward to not too long ago, I saw that EMS had the legends update coming up, so I decided to make a Wind Breaker for Cygnus blessing purposes. There were alot of 2x events at the time and I discovered the awesomeness that is MPQ so I hit 120 in no time flat. On this guy I joined my very first EMS guild, named Smasher. This guild died out pretty fast but I had a fun for a few days. In preparation for my Mercedes, I made a Cannoneer named Blastille for the skill link purposes. I hit 70 just in time, because a few days later, Mercedes was launched. I joined "BadEend" on this one, but that one was already pretty much dead when I joined. Oh well, powerleveling my Mercedes went pretty good. Actually made some friends and now I'm currently level 129. My current guild is Miracle, which seemed to be doing fine for a bit, but the drop in activity has been astronomical lately. That's why I'd like to join this guild, for being active and for having a tight policy on hacking/illegitness. Also, having an actual forum is a good testimony to the seriousness and orginisation of this guild.

About the hacking thing, I've seen my fair share of weird shit, but I never touched anything of that stuff myself. If I want to mess up a game with cheat codes, I'll go play some GTA instead.

And to close it up: A list of my IGNs:
Diamet - 120 - Wind Breaker (Merchant (as in it has a store, I only sell stuff, I don't like/suck at merchanting))
Scar - 129 - Mercedes (Active)
Wind - 32 - Crossbowman (Inactive)
Blastille - 72 - Cannoneer (Inactive)
Thraximundar - 60 - UAFighter (Inactive)
Claw - 7 - Assassin-to-be (Inactive)

"Wait a second, none of your characters is 130+!" Yes I know, but I'm pretty confident my Mercedes will hit 130 today.
I realise it's a long read, so here is the tl;dr version: Hi I'd like to join HellBound. Very Happy

If you have any questions, please ask them!

Hope to see you guys in game!
Cesar
Amethyst
Amethyst

HB Member Veteran
Guild : Hellbound

Back to top Go down

Re: [Application] Caesar

Post  GhoulScout on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Seems like a nice application, the only worrying thing is that you cant seem to commit to a Version or Class...

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cesar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:55 pm

GhoulScout wrote:Seems like a nice application, the only worrying thing is that you cant seem to commit to a Version or Class...
Thank you for your quick reply!

I'd like to say in my defence that the only two versions I've played are Global and Europe, and I have basically nothing to return to back in Global, so I'll stick to Europe.
About the class thing: Of all the time I've played (which has been for quite a while), the Mercedes class has been by far the most fun class I've played so I see myself sticking to it for quite some time.

Hope that clears things up a little bit.

P.S. I recently hit 130, if that was of any concern.
Cesar
Amethyst
Amethyst

HB Member Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kriss/Departures on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 pm

I liked this application, trial from me.
Kriss/Departures
Silver
Silver

Joined Guild : sept 2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Raskler/xMrSean on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm

I'll vote yes, talked a bit in HBFM and he seems nice and polite.

Raskler/xMrSean
Evan
Evan

Blue Flame Veteran Master
HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : ....yup, still can't remember.....

Back to top Go down

Post  MissMastix on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 am

Very detailed app, come across pretty calm and collected. As Ghouly said, the sheer amount of characters you've tried and quit is a bit staggering lol, are you going to be sticking to the merc? Any aspirations of high lvl boss runs with us or 200 coming into view with it?

Not that lvl is a concern, we're more after genuinely nice people but would be nice if you could join us on some runs and things.

Overall happy to say yes to this app Smile

Dragon Ball Z

Blue Flame Veteran Master
HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : September 2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Take on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:12 am

Didn't find anything I could poke and I met you in the HBFM where you talked to Sean and some "Look! I'm leveling with an EXP potion"-guy. Overall, you seem like a nice fellow and I'm voting trial.

P.S. Dutchies everywhere..

Take
Berserker
Berserker

HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : 02/2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Cesar on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Really nice to see all the positive responses my application is getting, I was getting a bit scared that my wall of text was putting you guys off. :p

@MissMastix: I really missed out on boss runs while I was in my old guild, so I plan on getting to a decent level on my Mercedes so I can actually join some serious bossruns with other people.
Cesar
Amethyst
Amethyst

HB Member Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  foxybears/xjojo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi hi,

It's a nice apply haha laughed some times. Anyway i say yes, most likely I won't get a change to talk woth you since i'm on Holiday<3 so Gl with it ;D!

Loves from Croatia<3
Jojo

PS: Taek indeed Surprised so much dutchies *3*, it's time for you guys to learn Dutch (a) Smile13

Cuzz I made a Mistake

Guild : Hellbound i think ^.^'
Joined Guild : You've wasted 14 months with me
Location : Somewhere in the big universe, in a galaxy, somewhere near the sun on a planet. On the biggestlandmaas that planet has. In a county with much rivirs ... To be preciese: Next to the biggest river under the bridge in a box with some newspapers somewhere in a low country near the sea next to our German friends...

Back to top Go down

Post  Krexel on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Nice app!

I say trial ^_^

Krexel
PvP Overlord
PvP Overlord

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
GoT
Joined Guild : 23/11/2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Shindeiru on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm

nice app, going to say yes on this one. Got nothing more to add

oh and also, pete you darn meme hoe Teddy11
Shindeiru
フレイムヘイズ
フレイムヘイズ

Guild : XI
Joined Guild : -

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 am

Accepted, please contact a Jr/ Guild member to be added.
Youll have to be added to a mule guild until I can add you to the main guild because we have no Jrs in the main guild at the moment because of the hacking situation.

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top