Larbro's application

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Larbro's application

Post  Larbro. on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 am

Hello Hellbound

My name is Lars, I'm 19 years old and I'm interested in joining your guild, but first some of the trivial info you want:

Character Info
Main character - Larbro, level 200 marksman

Alternative characters/mules:
Larbou
Labowski
Larbowski
LarsLarsen
SkipLabskovs
xpforLarbo
PandaFour
Larbie
LarboCannon
Okay1

Supreme server:
Larbro
SkipLabskovs

Whew i think that's all of them. I can list levels/jobs if you need me to Smile

Maplestory in the past and now
I've played maplestory seriously since summer, where i at the start of my career unfortunately got banned for trying to buy nx(it's probably best to get all of this in the application ^^). I rerolled marksman and I've sticked with it ever since. I joined the guild Exiles where I later became in charge of things like boss runs. Unfortunately recruitment got out of hand and Exiles didn't filter enough people out, so I ended up leaving because of issues with the other members. This is all personal though, no offense to Exiles.

I've had a break from kradia and played on the supreme server. I've been quite fed up with the imbalance of kaisers/ab/lumi so it was nice to be on par with everyone else once again. Now however, I think I've had enough of the supreme(hackers breaking it), and on GMS kaisers/ab got a bit of a nerf - this is one of the things that motivated me to give kradia another go. The final push was that i saw GhoulScout recruiting at supreme.

Again I have to be honest, I chose to apply for your guild because it's the nicest one around. All the other guilds I have some kind of bad history with. What i mean by bad history is people ks'ing, hacking, being arrogant/snobby. On the other hand, I have had no qualms with Hellbound, and I've spoken a bit with iusewasd(nathalie) from your guild while at some boss runs Exiles hosted. I don't know if she's still in your guild though since I've been inactive on kradia Teddy17

I'm a teamplayer
What you can expect from me as a player is showing respect and honesty for each person I know and talk to, and I put a lot in this. I always show up for appointments and I enjoy giving advice/helping friends whenever I have time for it.
What you can't expect for me is to be super active. It's hard for me to say now, but I don't think you will see more online more than 1-2 hours a day in addition to fx boss runs. If I get accepted however, and enjoy the company of your guild this will probably change.

What i expect from Hellbound
After reading your guild rules you seem like a guild where I could fit in without any trouble Smile But just to be clear that we share some of the same ideas, I hope that you will respect me and my opinions as i do yours. I also expect that you do regular boss runs and have fair rules regarding invites & loot.

Real Life
Currently i live by myself in a small apartment. I don't have a job or go to school - i stay at home because of some health problem I'm dealing with, so I have a lot of time on my hands. I spend most of it playing other games as I've been on a bit of a break from maplestory. If anyone wants to know/play, i play Path of Exile a lot currently, and guitar hero too, though I recently broke my 3rd plastic controller, so I can't play it seriously right now xD

Misc (because i know you like long posts Wink)
Hacking history - nothing at all
Interacting with hackers - I have to admit i sold nx to a hacker once, though i didn't know he was a hacker and i never spoke to the guy again after i found out Smile Also from my time in exiles I kicked several people who merched duped equipment which I think is wrong.



I apologize for the long application, I've tried to keep it short, though I have a lot to say. I know what its like having to read through every application from my time as a junior Smile12

Larbro.
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Posk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 am

He's a good guy Smile2 -recommended by pos-

__________________________

Youtube BlowPosJobEMS
avatar
Posk
Evan
Evan

Posts : 768
Location : Helsinki

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Bates on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:19 am

I can't say yes or no as i'm on trial atm but i do have a couple of question's,

How do you make your Meso also there is the chance of pervy chat at times would this bother you? (or chats about old horny cats)
avatar
Bates
Assassin
Assassin

HB Member Veteran
GoT
Posts : 543
Location : Outside your window

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Elyne on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 am

Hullo there, nice to see a new face around Smile5
Larbro wrote:
What you can't expect for me is to be super active. It's hard for me to say now, but I don't think you will see more online more than 1-2 hours a day in addition to fx boss runs. If I get accepted however, and enjoy the company of your guild this will probably change.
Hellbound is a bit sleepy at the moment, many members are unhappy with the amount of bugs and glitches in the game and we haven't really had any interesting new content lately. On the other hand, this goes for most of maple from what I've seen. So, you not being active 24/7 isn't a problem. Would you be bothered by this though?

Larbro wrote:
After reading your guild rules you seem like a guild where I could fit in without any trouble Smile But just to be clear that we share some of the same ideas, I hope that you will respect me and my opinions as i do yours. I also expect that you do regular boss runs and have fair rules regarding invites & loot.
We have never been one of the big bossing guilds, so most of the members who are interested in bossing regularly are in some of the other boss squads. Members are always free to arrange runs both on the forums and in game, and some people choose to do so while others just join in when they get the chance. Rules can be found here; http://www.hellboundems.com/t3139-bossing-information-rules


Some questions from me;
What's the IGN of the char that got banned?
Where are you from?

Elyne
Steel
Steel

Blue Flame Veteran Master
HB Member Veteran
GoT
Posts : 384
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : 2011
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Stephy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 am

Haii lars,
I'm gonna say yes
Because i enjoyed reading your application.
Also like your honesty.
I dont really care that u got banned for buying or selling nx..
When we werent supposed to do it more people sell/buy it from friends.

Goodluck with app!

Steph

__________________________

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker


avatar
Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Posts : 2159
Guild : Absolution
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Larbro on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 am

Hello Posk, Ayaryn and Elyne
Of course I forgot you are from hellbourne posk Wink I'm glad to see you still remember me.

Let me answer Ayaryn first:
I have no concrete plan of making meso, but it will probably involve grinding crafting materials & killing claude in veracent. Also, as my posts might suggest: I like to talk. Most conversations topics will do, but if I'm not interested I usually just ignore the chat.

And Elyne:
I don't mind that Hellbourne isn't that active currently. Here it's probably worth mentioning that I have no fixed sleeping rythm, so some days i might log in at weird hours, so I'm quite used to not many people being online.

Currently I have some levels to catch up because of the supreme addition, but when I'm max level, bossing will be my main motivation to play the game. However I most likely wont go anywhere else for bossing runs, but rather stick with the guild. Also, I'm sure that when the hyper skills come out, Hellbound will be more active and hopefully do more bossing, as it will be easier and therefore more accessible to less funded players.


What's the IGN of the char that got banned?
Larbo - a level 167(or so) bishop - I still miss playing on it ;_;
Where are you from?
I guess i failed to note that basic info down xD I'm danish

While writing i see that Shine - Steph wrote, thanks for your reply and for saying yes Smile
avatar
Larbro
Opal
Opal

Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Take on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 am

Welcome to the forum, Lars.

First of all, it's nice to read a clean and structured application, shows that you clearly invested some time into it. It's good that you were honest and told us that you got banned for selling NX. Even though it's not as severe as hacking or duping, it is nevertheless an offense so I'm still hesitating here. I believe you've done it without knowing that it was bannable but it also could be that you did it even though you knew it was not allowed, so I'd like to mention that we also do not allow taking advantage of glitches or bugs. Anything that is suspicious and can pose a risk is not worth taking it. I hope you can agree with this.

Now that we've got this covered, Natha is still in the guild. Not sure if she is active though since she spends her time playing LoL because there's nothing to do. There's also Kris and Imre who are Ex-Exiles members but that was probably before your time.

Our active members are divided. One part being in Kradia and the other in Supreme. As already mentioned, a lot of members went inactive or quitted due to various reasons so it can be really quiet, except you know when and where to find the active ones. The bossing squad isn't active as well due to the stats-nerf and our damage hoes getting hacked/quitting. Runs can be still organized but for that you need someone who enjoys doing all the work. Going to be plain honest here since people should know what to expect.

What do you mean by saying that Exiles failed to filter out enough people and recruitment got out of hand ? I think that's also important to know in case we have people here where you get the same feeling that they need to be 'filtered out'.

Last but not least, every opinion is valued but it would be utopistic to say that opinions won't clash and they certainly do (especially when I'm around or if someone has a toxic attitude). As long as both parties are willing to talk it out, there's often a way to solve it. Unfortunately we had people leave because they didn't know how to cope with it. Every guild has those issues. If something is hard to solve then there's always the option to get a Jr or Vicky (Ghoulscout) involved as a third-party. Of course Vicky's decision is the final one in an argument.

Well, that's it for now. Going to check a few things before voting.

__________________________



avatar
Take
Berserker
Berserker

HB Member Veteran
Posts : 2127
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 02/2012
Location : CH3FM6

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  HoliArcher on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 pm

When did you create your marksman? If you get into the guild, a third Marksman Smile14 .
But I have a feeling that something is shady. Anything shady that we haven't heard of you?

I am going to make a decision later.

__________________________
Wow
avatar
HoliArcher
#Yolo #Swag
#Yolo #Swag

HB Member Veteran
Posts : 1379
Guild : Hellbound (ex euph)
Joined Guild : early 2012
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Luk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Heey! First of all i wanna say this seems like a solid application!
You seem honest and i think you gave us enough info to have a clear view on who you are!
It may not allways be said / pointed out enough, but i like seeing that you put alot of time in this,
which shows you are pretty devoted to this and you really wanna commit yourself

On the other hand i have 1 question:
Larbro wrote:Unfortunately recruitment got out of hand and Exiles didn't filter enough people out, so I ended up leaving because of issues with the other members. This is all personal though, no offense to Exiles.
Just like a bit more info on this one..
I guess there's allways people you like more and less, maybe because of experiences you've had with them, or whatever.
Ofcourse i don't know the complete story, or why you have had some personal issues with some members in Exiles.
But i wouldn't like seeing this happen in Hellbound too. I'd like to see you solving your problems together in a mature way, instead of running away from them. So regarding this issue i have to agree with Taek, to get a third-party involved, and try to solve the issues.
Correct me if i'm wrong but it 'could' make people think that you wanna have your own way, and push your opinion trough.. and if people don't agree with you, you're gone. Whats' your opinion about this?

-- This all is not meant in a bad way ofc, i don't know you that well yet!! Just trying to give you advice, we are all grown-ups here.
Hope you can cope with a bit of critics Wink

On the other hand i'd like to point out again that you really seem to have put alot of effort in the application,
and i look forward to meeting you in-game. You seem like a nice guy !!
Untill i've spoken you or gotten an answer about this topic i will hold my vote Smile

Anyways, Goodluck!!

__________________________

- When things get out of hand -
avatar
Luk
Topaz
Topaz

Posts : 70
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 8/3/2013
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Larbro on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello again and thanks for taking interest in my apply

Take, i understand your concerns and to answer your question, I have helped solve many many problems in my previous guild, most worked out, but unfortunately not always. If you want to hear more specifically why i left Exiles, we can have a chat ingame. I prefer not to write it here. By the way i went to your guild fm, but it was empty. It was even 5 am. What is up with that Wink

When did you create your marksman? If you get into the guild, a third Marksman Smile14 .
But I have a feeling that something is shady. Anything shady that we haven't heard of you?

I am going to make a decision later.
I created my marksman in august last year.
Something shady? That sounds cool Wink You can interrogate me if you wish Smile11

Luk, I can tell you that i have a very laid back personality and i strive to remain objective and listen to arguements. Again, I would prefer to have a chat ingame about this.

Oh and thanks for the compliments Luk and Take, I've spend quite some effort in all of my posts here.
avatar
Larbro
Opal
Opal

Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Stephy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

for a talk, we're atm with many online in our gfm Smile5

__________________________

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker


avatar
Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Posts : 2159
Guild : Absolution
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Kousuke on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Wanna see you ingame imma hold the vote

__________________________
Click this awesome youtube channel!
avatar
Kousuke
Biohazard
Biohazard

Posts : 788
Guild : Logia
Joined Guild : July
Location : Jupiter

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Krexel on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile

Application looks nice. Like the others already said, it's kinda quiet at the moment (but I heard it's the same in other guilds too). People are getting sick of the amount of bugs/glitches in the game and are kinda on standby till a ''good'' patch arrives. There are also some people playing supreme.

The boss squad is quite dead atm yes. A bunch of our main DPS were haxed or either quitted. Most people join runs with other squads (Laby, Devotion, ...). But ofcourse we can do bosses with the guild for fun sometimes.

Larbro wrote:By the way i went to your guild fm, but it was empty. It was even 5 am. What is up with that Wink

There's currently a bug with channel crashes. Relogged like 3x in 5min so like me most people can't be bothered to go online now. I guess there will be a maintenance tonight.

Good luck with your app Wink


EDIT:

Im not trying to scare you off xD. Like the economy everything has its ups and downs. Sooner or later it will be all active again, like usual <3

__________________________
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King
avatar
Krexel
PvP Overlord
PvP Overlord

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
GoT
Posts : 1780
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : 23/11/2011
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Larbro on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 am

Hi Krexel

Thanks for reading my apply. I have to say that it's not a problem if the guild is more or less inactive currently. As you say yourself, activity goes up and down. I would actually prefer to join a guild that doesn't have too many members online, because it gives me a better chance to get to know each member.


By the way i went to your guild fm, but it was empty. It was even 5 am. What is up with that Wink

There's currently a bug with channel crashes. Relogged like 3x in 5min so like me most people can't be bothered to go online now. I guess there will be a maintenance tonight.

This was just my attempt at humor Teddy2 I wouldn't really expect anyone to be online at 5 in the morning Smile But I've been to the gfm a few times and met some members briefly, however the channel crashes don't really motivate me to get online either.
avatar
Larbro
Opal
Opal

Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  HoliArcher on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am

I'd say trial.

__________________________
Wow
avatar
HoliArcher
#Yolo #Swag
#Yolo #Swag

HB Member Veteran
Posts : 1379
Guild : Hellbound (ex euph)
Joined Guild : early 2012
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Krexel on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 am

Larbro wrote:
This was just my attempt at humor.

Oh lol xD, thought u made a typo (am instead of pm).

But Imma go for trial, you seem to be a nice person (+ recommendation from miika). Normally we instant deny people who were banned (or something similar) in the past. However in this case I don't really see a problem. Back in that time like 90% of the EMS community bought NX from other people, and it's even legal now.

__________________________
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King
avatar
Krexel
PvP Overlord
PvP Overlord

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
GoT
Posts : 1780
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : 23/11/2011
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Luk on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am

Hi, i read your replies, and i gotta say it looks good Wink
Especially you'r humor interests me f3 haha j/k
Anyway, i also met you briefly in between of some crashes xD

You seem like a good guy, who could get along with everyone,
so it's a yes for me!

Goodluckk

__________________________

- When things get out of hand -
avatar
Luk
Topaz
Topaz

Posts : 70
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 8/3/2013
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Larbro on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks krexel and luk for saying yes cheers However I still feel like I need to clear up some things on leaving Exiles, however I am not comfortable with writing it here still ^^ I hope the channel crashing issue will be solved within a few days so we can meet up
avatar
Larbro
Opal
Opal

Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Stephy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Larbro wrote:Thanks krexel and luk for saying yes cheers However I still feel like I need to clear up some things on leaving Exiles, however I am not comfortable with writing it here still ^^ I hope the channel crashing issue will be solved within a few days so we can meet up


Can u PM me what the problem between u & exiles is? im curious Smile3

__________________________

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker


avatar
Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Posts : 2159
Guild : Absolution
Location : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Gloryfall on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Well, I did some research and it seems nothing happened in Exiles when you were there. You didn't left because you had a fight, you were a good junior and you are a nice guy. I can tell!

I was a bit curious though about why you applied for HellBound, but I think I figured that out.

I say trial Smile2

~Wout~

__________________________
avatar
Gloryfall
Forum Hoe
Forum Hoe

Posts : 987
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : 10-2012
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Take on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Given the detailed application and mature replies, I'm going to vote trial.

__________________________



avatar
Take
Berserker
Berserker

HB Member Veteran
Posts : 2127
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 02/2012
Location : CH3FM6

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  GhoulScout on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi, I enjoyed reading your application but I must confess I have only read it quickly as im sleepy!
Ill read through it again tomorrow evening and give a real reply to you!

__________________________
avatar
GhoulScout
No Tears Please...
No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Posts : 3461
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : June 2008
Location : England

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  cubis on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 am

Yes for me
avatar
cubis
Forum Hoe
Forum Hoe

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
HB Member Veteran
Posts : 1326
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 2011
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Zlame/NotVeryOP on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I gotta admit that I was a bit hesitant in my voting, but seeing you communicating this well and answered maturely I'd like to vote trial. However, before I vote, what do you really want from HellBound?
Because for all I saw from the replies, you wanted us to respect the loot list, and respect each others opinions. What would happen if someone turned out to "Cross the line", being fiery just suddenly? How would you react and respond?
avatar
Zlame/NotVeryOP
Sapphire
Sapphire

HB Member Veteran
Posts : 677
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : Joined: October 2009.
Location : Behind you...

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Larbro on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Zlame/NotVeryOP wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums!

However, before I vote, what do you really want from HellBound?
Because for all I saw from the replies, you wanted us to respect the loot list, and respect each others opinions. What would happen if someone turned out to "Cross the line", being fiery just suddenly? How would you react and respond?

I realise i haven't been that clear about this. What I want is simply some company while playing maplestory. People to have a chat with and do pq's or bossing with. That is the reason I chose hellbourne. You have high leveled people, and you have done nothing to give me ill feelings towards the guild, unlike almost any other high level guild.

I'm not sure I can say what i would do, but how I would do it is talk the person out of it or just leave the conversation. Leaving the conversation wont solve anything, I know that, but I'm not asking to join to solve other peoples issues.
I'm not sure i answered properly to this question because it seems very situational to me. If "someone turned out to"Cross the line", being fiery just suddenly" is something that happens a lot in Hellbound then it is not a place for me. That being said, crossing the line for me is mostly being unfriendly or even hostile, which i would not tolerate.
avatar
Larbro
Opal
Opal

Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Larbro's application

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum