Yanfly's Application :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yanfly's Application :)

Post  Guest on Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Hey, i'm not the best at applications but here goes:

Quick background on me, my name is Sam, i'm 20 years old and live in the UK. I've played Maple since GMS beta. I had a few characters on there, but quit in around 2009 after playing for a while! I'd made a few level 150+'s and after a while the people I knew were quitting and things just sort of died out Sad I started EMS not too long ago so not a lot of people probably know me. I've made myself a level 163 Kaiser called Yanfly, and a 103 Phantom called Ejia. As for r/l, I spend a lot of time running and working. It's a pretty dull life but Maple is usually my time to just get away from it all. Which tends to be too often at the moment! I played Ice Hockey for 5 years, and since then have trained for half marathons and am currently training for my first half ironman.

Since i've came back, i've been looking for a guild where the people in it have the same passion for maple that I used to have. I've learned that one of the biggest parts of maple that I used to enjoy was the community. Since i've come back, it's just been me and one real life buddy training every now and again, and I feel like i'm missing out on one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. I don't have tons of mesos, I've managed to scroll myself some pretty nice gear over the past few weeks. This has mainly involved spending hours spotting what sells in the FM and trying to buy up that stuff cheap and sell for high. It's bought me enough scrolls to scroll some decent Lionheart gloves, and also get a few pieces of my 140 gear.

I'm always willing to help out a friend, or get involved in stuff if people need. If you need someone whose loyal and always willing to help then that's me. I would rather give someone something they needed for free, than sell it to them and make myself money.

Boss wise, I quit before when HT was the hardest boss there was and it took a long time to kill. I downed it a few times, and also used to organise Zakum runs back when they were a thing. I've owned Maple forums (which did pretty well) for my server Windia back on GMS. I'm a little inexperienced to EMS, but i'm picking up the new content quite quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions, and i'll try my best to answer! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Yanfly's Application :)

Post  Stephy on Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Hai & welcome to the forums.
i got some questions:

-can u list all your charnames
-u go around in fm to merch as u said, what do u merch?
-u are awere many items are duped?
-how do u look/ think about duped things?
-&why u wanna join hellbound?

~
Steph

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Guild : Absolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 am

Hey Steph!

My char names on EMS are Yanfly (now 166 Kaiser) and Ejia (103 Phantom).

Mainly books and scrolls! I play with my tablet next to me and make lists of stuff that's sold and what it sells for. Then if I something I think is cheap then I check my list and buy it then sell it Smile Other than that, I've gotten lucky buying a few MW30's for about 2m and found a few from Slash Storm's from mystery mastery books. I did try my hand at scrolling and made a nice 60 str, 12 atk, 1 slot Battle Mail which made me about 200m profit, and I also made a set of 32 atk Battle Bracers. Thats mainly it! Like I said I'm not rich!

I am aware. When reading up on the new ways of scrolling (potential and enhancements never existed when I played!) I seen a lot of threads with people asking how to tell if gear is duped or not. It's not really interested me because I prefer to scroll a lot of my gear myself rather than buy it up. I see why people would buy it, but it defeats the point in the game. It's the equivalent of botting. If you take the challenge of scrolling / saving to buy a piece of gear out of the equation then what's the point in even playing? Same applies to those who bot. Some people prefer to take the easy way out by buying mesos / duped gear, but that's their own preference. It's just not how I play the game.

I want to join hellbound because it seems like an active guild which takes maple seriously. Like I said in my application I'm a big enthusiast when it comes to the community on Maplestory. I couldn't play if I didn't have people to talk with. I've seen a lot of members from hellbound around, and have not heard or had any bad experiences. So I figured that I'd like to apply and see what I can contribute.

Thanks,

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks for your fast reply.
Also you seem to answer really mature on the questions.
Hope to have a talk with u in gfm soon
Anyways im voting a trial for you, unless weird things pop up .

fail in order to know,

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  BlazeHermit on Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am

Hey Sam, I like your application. You seem like a nice person, and another fitness freak! Smile4

but I don't mean to be rude by asking but are you male or female? xD

Also, have you heard of the supreme world we have in EMS? Do you play it? Smile

BlazeHermit
DMG ho
DMG ho

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
HB Member Veteran
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : September 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks Steph. I'm mainly an evening player so I'm sure ill see you in game soon!

I'm Male Blaze. When I joined, I made 1 male and 1 female character. At the time, I wasn't sure if APQ even existed still and I thought I might need to get apples (that used to be the only way to get them). So me and my friend made one of each so we could get married in game and APQ Smile

As for Supreme World, I've heard of it, and my friend started playing it every now and again, I was holding off til 200/ near 200 to start playing if. Do you play it often?

Thanks for the kind feedback Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlazeHermit on Mon May 13, 2013 9:32 am

Yanfly wrote:Thanks Steph. I'm mainly an evening player so I'm sure ill see you in game soon!

I'm Male Blaze. When I joined, I made 1 male and 1 female character. At the time, I wasn't sure if APQ even existed still and I thought I might need to get apples (that used to be the only way to get them). So me and my friend made one of each so we could get married in game and APQ Smile

As for Supreme World, I've heard of it, and my friend started playing it every now and again, I was holding off til 200/ near 200 to start playing if. Do you play it often?

Thanks for the kind feedback Smile

ahh okay! APQ was great xD

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me Razz

I'm playing it mostly atm till i reach level 100 then ima stop xD

I'll find you in game sometime and then i'll give my vote Smile

BlazeHermit
DMG ho
DMG ho

HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : September 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 am

What level are you at the moment? I've heard it takes a lot longer to level! I've just started SH now so if you pop to my map in the evenings you'll probably see me struggling to stay alive >.< + I'm a purple dinosaur with Ugg boots. I'm not hard to miss!

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evansbunny on Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 am

Haihai Sam~

I really liked your application and answers to Stephy's questions Smile2
Come by to the gfm at Ch3fm6 and get to know some of us when you are free <3
Yanfly wrote: I'm a purple dinosaur with Ugg boots. I'm not hard to miss!
Omg :3 should be cute! gonna stalk you Smile5

<3 Jodie

SkippyBunny

Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 06/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 am

Hey,

I'll swing by this evening for a bit, I'll pre warn you I can be a little weird Surprised
Aha, just standing like a meter away f6ing at me for 4 hours Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bates on Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 am

Yanfly wrote:Hey,

I'll swing by this evening for a bit, I'll pre warn you I can be a little weird Surprised
Aha, just standing like a meter away f6ing at me for 4 hours Razz

You shall fit in well, anyways i like your app and answers Very Happy one question i have guild chat can get quite perverted at times (not by me i swear Smile3 ) would this bother you at all?

Assassin

HB Member Veteran
GoT

Back to top Go down

Post  Evansbunny on Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 am

Bates wrote: guild chat can get quite perverted at times (not by me i swear Smile3 ) would this bother you at all?

Says the one who turned my "Sweet dreams <3" in buddy chat last night to a perverted thought Smile5

SkippyBunny

Joined Guild : 06/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks!

Not at all, i wouldn't have it any other way Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi Sam,

You sound like a very positive person and you play Maple for the same reason as me. Have you been in any other guilds?

Regards,

James

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 12:53 pm

The only one on EMS is my current guild Valiant. This is one me and my real life friend made just for us to see the new guild features seeing as we hadnt played in a while Smile

On GMS I was in a guild called Deception for about 2 years, and another called Hubris for about a year. It's nice to see there's others in the guild that play maple for the same reason I do Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you for your swift reply, my vote will be a positive one if you keep replying like you do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm

That's no problem Smile it's interesting replying to people's questions ;D

Back to top Go down

Post  Take on Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Getting a positive impression from his application and replies. Voting for trial.

Take
Berserker
Berserker

HB Member Veteran
Joined Guild : 02/2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you Smile Glad to hear I don't come across as a weird one! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Krexel on Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Yay, another oldskool player! Didn't play as long yet as you did (started at EMS beta) but the old times were just awesome. Tons of people at kerning for pq and stuff...

App + replies really give a good/positive impression.

Personally I'm not online that much in kradia at the moment. Kinda busy with uni lately and when I play I rather level in supreme. But there should be a patch at 14/21 may, so I will be activate at kradia again then. There's just nothing to do for me in kradia atm ._.

Anyway, you got my vote Smile13

Krexel
PvP Overlord
PvP Overlord

GoT
Joined Guild : 23/11/2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Wed May 15, 2013 5:36 pm

applying for 2 guilds at the same time?
wrong,wrong,wrong.

http://aeon.tyron.at/
go check: (first app on their applications)

why do you waste our time? Smile17

fail in order to know,

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  Gloryfall on Wed May 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Pick your goals first before you apply to us. You cannot apply for two guilds at the same time.

Forum Hoe

Joined Guild : 10-2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Kriss/Departures on Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 pm

It's really disrespectful toward both of the guilds when you apply for them both. It's a shame since you really gave an good impression.

Good luck in your future adventures.

-Denied

[9:39:51 PM] Stéphy: ur a really pain in the ass sometimes Razz

me and steph had a discussion about soap and anime, we came to the conclusion that anime was for kids and soap was for dumb people

[1:15:09 AM] Stéphy: a world war 3 between soap& anime Neutral
[1:15:18 AM] Stéphy: who's gonna win
[1:15:24 AM] Stéphy: stupid because others are kids
[1:15:30 AM] Stéphy: or the kids because the others are stupid
[1:15:32 AM] Stéphy: mhmmm
[1:15:55 AM] Stéphy: i will scratch my ass or a sec
Kriss/Departures
Silver
Silver

Joined Guild : sept 2011

Back to top Go down