BowelSoldier's Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BowelSoldier's Application

Post  BowelSoldier on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm

I was going to leave my application until I had levelled up my characters a bit more, but I dropped into FM6 earlier and the people there encouraged me to just go ahead. So here goes!

Me, Myself and I
My name is Carl, I'm an 18 year old student, currently studying theoretical physics at university. (Yes, I'm one of those weird people who enjoy maths.) I'm Irish, with all of the Guiness-drinking that entails. I tend to play far too many videogames and have a crippling addiction to Dota 2 at the moment. I enjoy most stereotypical "nerdy" things such as Magic, pen-and-paper role playing games and LARPing.

As for my more active hobbies, I love skiing, I've recently started fencing and I listen to a lot of electronic dance music. I have a particular fondness for a genre called Electro-swing, which is a combination of aspects of EDM and jazz swing. It's very fun to dance to, I recommend giving it a listen.

My MapleStory Record
I first played this game a good few years ago. I don't remember how long ago exactly, I was quite young at the time, but I'm pretty sure that none of the fancier classes had come out yet. That is, it was only Explorer. I had a Fire/Poison Mage I got up to about level 50-ish, and a Thief who I think was somewhere around level 30.

I enjoyed the game but got kind of bored of it at the time, as I didn't feel there was a whole lot to do. Now I've heard the game has a lot more to it, with extra classes and areas. I've come back and have been really enjoying it so far.

The Current MapleStory in Balamory
I am enjoying this game so far, but I always find there's something unfulfilling about playing an MMO without a community. I though I'd enjoy the game far more if I were in a guild, and this seems like an excellent one to be in. Hopefully I can contribute something to make your own MapleStorys more fun.

My Roster
I currently have a level 30 Mercedes named Shukie, who I'm grinding up to 70 for the link skill. I plan on Maining either a Demon Slayer named BowelSlayer or a Bishop named BowelBishop, depending on which class I find more fun. Or just playing both. I've made both of those characters already, and they're both currently somewhere around level 20.

Regarding l33t skills
I'll admit I still have things to learn about duping and so on, as I'm still quite new to the current state of the game. However in any game I've played hackers are always unwelcome. I don't think it's fair for some people to get their own false sense of satisfaction out of cheating at a system, especially at other peoples' expense. Duping seems particularly bad as I imagine it messes up the market prices for legitimate traders. I don't know how to tell if an item is duped or not, but when I start to buy equipment, I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

tl;dr
Go back and read the damn thing, I worked on this. I hope this application suffices and didn't take too long to read through. I'll be by C3FM6 again when I have the time, I look forward to seeing you folks there.
BowelSoldier
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Re: BowelSoldier's Application

Post  Stephy on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello & Welcome to the forums.
Have been a while since we had a new applyer.
Could u list all your chars? and have u ever been in a guild, if so please tell us Smile
And yea alot of things are duped, if you ever unsure about something, just ask & we can help you.

Anyways, nice to meet you and see u in the gfm for a talk.

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Guild : Absolution

Back to top Go down

Post  BowelSoldier on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:18 pm

I did list my characters, but I guess I should make them a little more clear;

Shukie - Level 33 Mercedes
BowelSlayer - Level 19 Demon Slayer
BowelBishop - Level 13 Magician

I'm currently in the process of levelling each of them up, focusing on the Mercedes first for the linked exp boost.

As for guilds, no, I haven't been in any guilds yet in MapleStory. I have in a couple other MMOs so I know how they usually work and so on, but I guess that's not too relevant here.
BowelSoldier
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  BlazeHermit on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Hey Carl, I'm Ciarán (Irish name)Smile11 

Nice to meet you and thanks for your application!

You seem like a nice guy and although you don't seem to have much experience of MS (doesn't really bother me - I can help you wit anything you wanna know) 

BUT since you're still leveling you skill link mule in my opinion it wouldnt be right to add you to the guild whilst you're doing that and then having to kick you to add your new main, it just gets confusing.
So I'm gonna say yes when your mercedes has reached level 70 and your new main has reached level 100.

Who knows, by the time the application has been fully voted on etc etc, you might already be almost finished with that goal!

Until then, you can ask me for help on anything you want, i'd be happy to help! My ign is MerBlazedes

Good luck!

BlazeHermit
DMG ho
DMG ho

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
HB Member Veteran
Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : September 2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Ecstatics/BloodRain on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Carl!

You seem like a nice addition to Maplestory and possibly to our guild in the future!
I like how you state that playing an MMO without a community is a loss and I agree on this, and such has always been the case in any MMO really for me

Your app was structured & to the point, yet it doesn't give me a lot of info about how you are, but I suppose that will be answered when I see you around in our Guild FM so,

See you there!

"Its not necessarily the uncertainty that makes us fearful, its more than that.... the answers we imagine are what really what frightens us"
Ecstatics/BloodRain
Black Crystal
Black Crystal

HB Member Veteran
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : Sometime in the past..

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:55 pm

yeah you dropped by FM earlier seem like a nice chap Very Happy, obviously still a lot of stuff you will need help with but thats no probs, add me to buddy if you want name is mengasaurus, and just try to drop by are guild fm and meet more people, we are all lovely Smile

and just keep working on leveling should take so long Razz

Mengasaurus Lvl 210 Demon Slayer <3

DikiSnapples Lvl 200 Xenon <3
Jamie
Pumpkin King
Pumpkin King

HB Member Veteran
GoT
Joined Guild : Long Time Ago

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Ah its you! Decided to make the application, nice nice! Its been a while since there was an application, but your application was really well structured. Lacking detail but well structured and laid out, plus you have really good english which always helps! From what I spoke to you today you seemed a very polite and honest person. Come to ch3 fm 6 more often to have a chat with us! Like I said to you in game, as long as you keep levelling the way you are going you should be fine. We don't judge people on levels or equips. You seem to be a really nice guy which is all that matters! Now as long as nothing bad pops up I wish you the best of luck mate!

Jason is the name btw. Nice to meet you Carl!

Proud Owner of....

ValiantStar - Hellbound's Level 210 Dark Knight

ExCavalier - Hellbound's Level 210 Kaiser

Thank you Stephy for making this awesome sig <3
Jason
Forum Hoe
Forum Hoe

Joined Guild : 17/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post  HoliArcher on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 am

If you need a guide on leveling or anything on maple you can always ask us, just whisper any member. As for me, pm Holiarcher. Smile14 

#Yolo #Swag
#Yolo #Swag

HB Member Veteran
Guild : Hellbound (ex euph)
Joined Guild : early 2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Fuzzums on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:03 am

from what i#ve read so far, big fat yes from me Smile5

Well nice to meet you, you can call me Sabah and ign is MrsFuzzums/RightTwix/ I think it wise to warn you that prior to being trialed or accepted it's indeed a ritual that we make you strip down to your bare boxers and sing the wiccan alphabet... Or we throw you in the chokey (you wanna avoid that, assuming you have treasured parts of your body that will be missed)
, i'll be online in the week so it'd be nice havin a chat then Very Happy

Oh and i'm kidding about the chokey haha. We have hell downstairs.

brb pick my jaw up off the floor. Rods reply actually sounded friendly! Damn, the wondrs of punctuation Smile6 But on a more serious note, if you do need help with anything then please feel free to ask any of us, ...and iguess anything else which needed to be said has already been mentioned :l (v.slow)

tl;dr go back and read the damn thing.  and yea velcome m'dear, to you and to your bottles of boozumz and, well... try to keep the bombs in the countryside

Mrs Fuzzums
Gold
Gold

Guild : hb

Back to top Go down

Post  BowelSoldier on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I'd certainly hope my English is good, what with it being my native language. It's certainly better than my Irish at least. I despise that language, it makes no logical sense.

Those looking for more information about myself, I realised I forgot to mention a couple things. One of my favourite pastimes is acting, and I take part in a fair few plays and musicals. All amateur productions, of course. I have no intention of making a career out of it. I just finished a production of Romeo and Juliet a little while back, which was horribly awkward. If I may give you a piece of advice, never get yourself into a position where you have to learn off a couple hundred pages of Shakespearean lines. It's just as hard as it sounds.

I also really enjoy singing, whether in musicals, in bands or in classical choirs. I'm a fairly decent bass singer with a pretty deep register. Or so I like to think. I'm a bit of a sucker for big inspirational pieces of classical music as they're just great fun to sing. In particular I kinda love Pilgrim's Chorus by Richard Wagner. No idea what the words mean, but it just sounds wonderful.
BowelSoldier
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Cesar on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 pm

> Studies theoretical physics
> Plays Magic

Yes.
Cesar
Amethyst
Amethyst

HB Member Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  BowelSoldier on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 am

I won't be online a whole lot this week, thanks to the joy that is end of semester exams. I won't be able to drop by the FM as much as I'd like, so sorry if I don't get to meet a couple of you for a while.
BowelSoldier
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm

BowelSoldier wrote:I won't be online a whole lot this week, thanks to the joy that is end of semester exams. I won't be able to drop by the FM as much as I'd like, so sorry if I don't get to meet a couple of you for a while.

No problem. Goodluck with ur exams
And pop by to meet people when its over. Smile

fail in order to know,

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  iNosferato on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:56 am

Good luck with your exams, very positive and reassuring application. I vote yes.

iNosferato: what about you?
Notishu: I just smell of beer f3

I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.

iNosferato
Perfect
Perfect

HB Member Veteran
Guild : Hellbound Union:Omen
Joined Guild : Who do you think bottlefed Vicky?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 am

BowelSoldier wrote:I won't be online a whole lot this week, thanks to the joy that is end of semester exams. I won't be able to drop by the FM as much as I'd like, so sorry if I don't get to meet a couple of you for a while.

You're not the only one, plenty of people atm are focusing on their exams. Which is what they should be doing! Come meet us when it's over. Good luck Smile

Proud Owner of....

ValiantStar - Hellbound's Level 210 Dark Knight

ExCavalier - Hellbound's Level 210 Kaiser

Thank you Stephy for making this awesome sig <3
Jason
Forum Hoe
Forum Hoe

Joined Guild : 17/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Carl,
First off welcome to the forums and thanks for applying ^^ Wishing you the best of luck with your exams and thanks for letting us know about them, hopefully you'll have plenty of time to meet more guildies once you're done with them. Should I happen to get the chance to log on and run into you I'd love to have a chat Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:03 pm

hello, are u still interested in joining?

fail in order to know,

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:27 am

Hey Carl,
Sorry its taken me so long to reply to your application...

Been so busy IRL,
Are you still interested in joining? 

If you are it would be nice to see you pop by our GFM for a chat (Eu 3 fm 6)

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:37 am

waited 8 days for a respond.
hope to see a new application when you are back.

fail in order to know,

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content