Ugonia's application!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ugonia's application!

Post  Ugonia on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Hello HellBound!

In real life people know me as Bruno, a 23 yo guy from Portugal. I'm a friendly dude, pretty easy-going, funny-in-my-own-way, relaxed, and renowned for being the clever, tech-savvy guy in my group of friends, most of them former college buddies (I have a degree in Economics and I'm good with numbers).

At night, I turn into Ugonia, a fabulous brunette lv162 DK, roaming the Maple World in an endless quest to better myself and defeat the most powerful enemies.

Ugonia is the first in a series of 12 (13?) characters that make up the roster of my Maple Team, and although she's not my highest level character (got a lv166 Demon Slayer), she's always been my main. I'm not really funded, so most of my power comes from taking advantage of events and some merching here and there. Still, she does pretty well.
My Maple Team also includes every Link Skill character except for Aran, Evan, Mihile and 4 of the KoC (only got Wind Archer), in levels that range from 100 to 145).

I started playing EMS back in 2008, and the reason I still love this game so much is because of very dear memories of playing with my old guild, Lvsiadas. The old school types might recall the name, since we (an exclusively Portuguese guild) spent several months in the #1 rank of the Guild PQ Ranking. We were great because every single member was so invested in the good of the family.

Shortly after the guild disbanded (this was even before Big Bang), I stopped playing and set aside my account for a long while. Only recently, Mid-May, did I decide to reinstall Maple, out of curiosity for the new patches and classes. I've been addicted ever since. While I could fit into the basket of the "nostalgic old-school types", I don't fit into the Big Bang dissing label - I like the new, more casual, very accessible approach to the game, and being able to quickly level up and access new content is a very positive aspect of the new Maple Story.

So here I am, I've been here for 2 months, and I'm pretty sure I'm here to stay for a while, but something's lacking... I need friends, I need to talk to people, I need someone to share a goal with. I need a guild. The first name that really conquered my attention was HellBound, but I feared the name. I remembered it. It was renowned, it was imposing, and at first I really thought it would be a lost cause to apply to a guild that is certainly filled with the elite of Maple Story. Yet somehow by browsing the forums I saw a friendly bunch, eager to accept new talent. So here I am.

I hope you can see me not for what I am:
I'm not high level, not in the hundred thousands range, not nearly equiped for endgame, nor the most connaissant of the bosses' strategies.
... but for what I can be - available, friendly, eager to learn, invested in the team, and a potential fabulous lv250 brunette DK - and accept me into your team.

Some of my views on Maple:
I abhor Hackers, Scammers, and annoying people. I am as altruistic as someone can be on an MMO, so I'd rather CC myself than have to fight someone who's KSing me for a training spot. I like to help people, so I'll answer questions and even give items to newbs to improve their Maple experience. But chronic noobs are the bane of my existence - when people don't aim to learn, that really grinds my gears.

I have a very utilitarian, risk-avoiding view on NX. I have no problem investing some money on a permanent pet, a store, or 2x coupons (usually used on 2x events), because I can be sure I'll get a return on my investment for the long run. But I won't buy cubes, capsule toy tickets, boxes, or cosmetic NX - it's just against my beliefs to spend money on something that might or might not benefit me.

I play Maple for the fun of it. I'm not opposed to logging in at set times to attend a boss run, or a grinding session. You'll probably find me online almost every day. But I have to emphasize the "almost". I have a job, I'm starting the 2nd year of my Masters' degree in September, and I've made efforts to keep a stable social life. So I expect at some time I might stop being so present. I'll still log in every week even if only to say hi, or to see what's going on. I'll still log in to the forums every lunch break. But I'll never take Maple Story as a second job where I have to log in every X days or level up Y times per month without fail, or I'm fired. Please take into account I'm here to have fun with you.

That's pretty much it. I've been writing this during my lunch time and I ended up extending myself more than I wanted to. Please let me know what you think of my application, leave your comments and I'll be sure to answer any questions you might have.

I won't be able to log in today, because I'll be picking up a friend at the airport, but tomorrow I'll be sure to stop by your FM Wink

Best regards and happy Mapling,

Ugonia/Bruno
Ugonia
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Re: Ugonia's application!

Post  Kimmy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Hey Bruno,

Welcome to the forums. Smile

First of all I would like to say that I really enjoyed reading your application.
It's always nice to see old maplers returning and not just complaining about how ''bad'' this game has become.
You really seem like a nice guy.

I find it very '' brave '' that you dare to say '' potentional lvl250 DrK ''  Smile12 
I'm not even able to able to level to 200...
But hey, that's me.
Lazy Kim all the way.   Smile10 

Anyways, I'm really positive and you should be fine.
Good luck with the application,

-Kim

"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. And to each, their own tale."
Kimmy
Steel
Steel

Guild : HellBound
Joined Guild : 5-02-2014

Back to top Go down

Post  Ugonia on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Hey Kim!

Thank you for your kind answer!

Kimmy wrote:I find it very '' brave '' that you dare to say '' potentional lvl250 DrK ''  Smile12 
But hey, that's me.

To be honest, I never in my LIFE thought I'd reach even level 200 before I quit Maple and came back in May (now I think about it... April, maybe?). But in these 3 or 4 months, I've done so much amazing progress that I'm confident I might one day be lv200, and not sit back and relax.
I'm really focused on long-term goals, and I have very clear views on where I want to go. So saying I want to take Ugonia as high as she can get doesn't scare me, even if it's very very likely I won't get there.

For God's sake: I now have 13 characters over lvl100 (OK, 12, Zero doesn't count), if only I manage to learn to channel that effort to train a single char...

Ugonia
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan² on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Hello Bruno and welcome to the forum Smile
Your application was really fun to read and i can totally see a fabulous brunette get 250 Smile

My name is Dan btw Smile11 

Would be nice to speak to ya sometime you can always send me a buddy request im on Perceptivity
Once again welcome to the forum and nice application  Smile1

We are all unique in ways that some people dont understand.

Thanks Steph for making me this<3
Dan²
Adamantium
Adamantium

Guild : Fascination
Joined Guild : 4th of January 2015

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimmy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Ugonia wrote:Hey Kim!

Thank you for your kind answer!

Kimmy wrote:I find it very '' brave '' that you dare to say '' potentional lvl250 DrK ''  Smile12 
But hey, that's me.

To be honest, I never in my LIFE thought I'd reach even level 200 before I quit Maple and came back in May (now I think about it... April, maybe?). But in these 3 or 4 months, I've done so much amazing progress that I'm confident I might one day be lv200, and not sit back and relax.
I'm really focused on long-term goals, and I have very clear views on where I want to go. So saying I want to take Ugonia as high as she can get doesn't scare me, even if it's very very likely I won't get there.

For God's sake: I now have 13 characters over lvl100 (OK, 12, Zero doesn't count), if only I manage to learn to channel that effort to train a single char...

Well '' Dream Big '' is what many people say :3
When you get to lvl 250 be sure to invite me to your party!  Smile4 
Btw, you're doing better than me and I have been playing two years already since I came back =x

"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. And to each, their own tale."
Kimmy
Steel
Steel

Joined Guild : 5-02-2014

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephy on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 am

Hallo & Welcome,
i had fun reading your app.
hope to see u for a chat Smile my ign is iWicked.

we must hurt in order to grow,
fail in order to know,
and lose in order to gain.

iWicked ~ 210 bishop
iStéphy ~ Nightwalker

Stephy
Bound To Hell
Bound To Hell

Guild : Absolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Ugonia on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:49 am

Hey Dan & Stephy!

It's great to wake up to some more feedback.

Thank you for your welcome, I'll be sure to reach out for you later today.

Best regards
Ugonia
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi Bruno!

I really enjoyed your application.
I used to know some one in MapleStory along time ago called Bruno (I think he was also Portuguese) but he was an old guild member! Your application reminds me of him!

I will make a decision in a couple of days time, and I hope to maybe see you around ingame! (I only play weekends mostly)

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008

http://www.hellboundems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm

A well structured application. I like it, an important way to introduce yourself to us is by the application and it certainly gives us a good impression of who you are as a person. Its nice seeing old school players return! Dark knights are definitely appreciated! (By me anyway :3) I would like to have a chat with you, I believe we have met but not formally spoken yet. But anyway I think you would do well in Hellbound but thats me. Best of luck with it!

Proud Owner of....

ValiantStar - Hellbound's Level 210 Dark Knight

ExCavalier - Hellbound's Level 210 Kaiser

Thank you Stephy for making this awesome sig <3
Jason
Forum Hoe
Forum Hoe

Yellow Flame HellBound Jr Master
Guild : Hellbound
Joined Guild : 17/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Ugonia on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:51 pm

@GhoulScout

Thank you so much for your feedback! I knew 2 other Bruno's from Lvsiadas, and I think I might know who you're referring to.
I haven't been on since Thursday, because I got a new laptop and still haven't managed to install Maple (the client download takes a while), but I'll try to hop by the FM tomorrow. Hope I'll see you then.

@Jason

Heya! You were there Thursday when I popped by the FM but we never did get to talk much. I actually spent most of my time there speaking to another applicant, ClariTea - great guy, 10/10 would recommend.
Hope I'll see you around as well  Smile1 
Ugonia
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan² on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:41 pm

If you have a second comp with maple just put that maple folder on a external hardrive and move it to your new lappy Smile
Goes faster then downloading^^

We are all unique in ways that some people dont understand.

Thanks Steph for making me this<3
Dan²
Adamantium
Adamantium

Guild : Fascination
Joined Guild : 4th of January 2015

Back to top Go down

Post  Palyndrome on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Seem like a nice guy, but Portugal.. Ronaldo  Smile10 

I hope that we can both join the guild and I'll get to learn you better as well  Smile13 

Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Ugonia on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:45 am

Dan² wrote:If you have a second comp with maple just put that maple folder on a external hardrive and move it to your new lappy Smile
Goes faster then downloading^^

Yeah, that's how I usually "install" Maple, but I left my external HD with a friend  Smile3 

I just finished installing it, so tomorrow I'll be online all day.

@iGoodFellas:
Aw Portugal is awesome. Good luck with your application!
Ugonia
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  GhoulScout on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Accepted on trial, please contact a jr to be added

No Tears Please...

Red Flame HellBound Master
Darker Flame Administrator
Joined Guild : June 2008